Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Beginning

Hello,
Let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name Is Robert Hungerford and I reside at 8434 North Main Street, Lodi, NY 14860. I was born in 1942 at Seneca Falls, NY. I am married to my wonderful wife for 34 years. I have five sons.
I'm a retired antique dealer and still dabble into the business a bit. (sometimes quite a lot).

The reason for this blog, is to tell a little about my past and the people I have met. I guess you could say this is an autobiography with a twist. The twist being, I may at times go way off the map or a tangent of sort.

Sometimes my train of thought is interrupted by another thought and I have to write it down before I forget it.
I call this "Hunkyism 2" and you will learn more about Hunkyisms further along in this blog...come to think of it..who the hell named this thing a "blog"...that's really dumb. Let's give this "blank" a new name!

Let's see....how about dah? Have you listed in your dah today? NOO...that sounds too hippydom......
I got it.......FUNK.....that will be it from now on...I'm making it a law....a blog is now a funk....I'm going to write in my funk today....I amaze myself how silly and stupid I can get....just bare with me for the next few years, or how ever long I've got.

Also in this funk, I'm going to list old family photos...we have 100s of the damn things and some may be of interest to someone in the family...or not! But, photos are a picture of our past, so I have to list them. Plus I will write about local history and events of interest.

OH...let me explain Hungyisms..
A Hungyism is a saying, odd quote, comical idea, joke or other short dribble, made up by someone in our family. Plus, it must be original and good. Sometimes a Hungyism is when two people say the same thing at the exact same time. FUNK is a Hungyism, because it takes place of another word and it's use is original...

have I bored anyone yet? It's bound to happen and I enjoy it so much.

So, my fine family and friends (and you outsiders)..try to enjoy this funk and remember a lot of it is just plain crap. But, it's my crap and it took me 70 years to pile all of this crap up.....be Kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment